My current position is Principal Research Fellow with the newly formed Queensland Alliance for Agriculture and Food Innovation (QAAFI) at The University of Queensland.
I was formerly the Leader of the Weed Science team for Department of Employment, Economic Development and Innovation and Program Leader in the CRC for Australian Weed Management.
I currently lead a weed research program on the issues relating to herbicide resistance, modelling, integrated weed management in grain and cotton farming systems, safe and effective use of herbicides, non-chemical tactics and weed ecology.
I am an active member of:
- Australian Glyphosate Sustainability Working Group
- National Integrated Weed Management Initiative
- Executive committee for Weed Society of Queensland
- Delegate for Council of Australasian Weed Societies CAWS)
- Program Committee for 23rd Asian-Pacific Weed Science Society Conference
In 2008 I was awarded the CAWS medal at the 16th Australian Weeds Conference.
I received my PhD from The University of Western Australia in 1990.